MAGURA hydraulic disc brake 'MT5 next'
Massive power thanks to 4 piston caliper - Magura's low-priced freeride & E-bike brake.
- Five year leak proove warranty
- 4-piston brake caliper
- optimum power distribution & powerful
- first-class lever ergonomics
- Flip-Flop brake handle clamp
Product information & technical details
|Disc brake mounting standard:||PM 6"|
- The Enduro and Freeride disc brake Magura MT 5 with 4 piston caliper and a Carbotecture lever housing. Thanks to aluminum brake lever and handlebar clamp the brake itself is pretty lightweighted for a four-piston disc brake. The power brake with motorcycle brake technology for all-mountain use up to DH ridings.
- Braking performance must not be heavy. Maximum braking performance and stability under extreme conditions, that is the motto of the MT5. The hard enduro or Downhill use the additional braking power means with 4 brake pistons and their fine metering increases safety.
- Maugra MT 5 brake brake lever unit:
- MT5 brake handles with high strength Carbontecture housing. They can be installed either right or left side.
- Magura Carbotecture: From Magura newly developed material that consists of a high proportion in a thermoplastic matrix of stored carbon fibers. More powerful, pull-resistant, flexible and break-resistant than conventional fiber-reinforced plastics or laminated carbon fiber mats. Ideally suited for processing in Carboflow process.
- Magura Carboflow: A Magura newly developed method which can be optimally aligned carbon fibers to the loading direction. Generates homogeneous, predictable surfaces. Significant weight savings possible, there is no need for oversizing.
- Magura MT 5 Caliper:
- The four-piston calipers of the Magura MT5, forged from a high-performance aluminum alloy with new magnetiXchange brake piston for easy pad replacement.
- Magura Magnetic Xchange: the magnetic brake piston facilitate the mounting of the brake pads
- Magura Anti-Squeal: About the combination of coordinated brake pad compound brake discs and design of noise when braking is counteracted.
- Magura anti-drag: Newly developed seals and custom piston design ensure that grind even when used under sub-zero temperatures or extremely muddy conditions, always return the piston to its original position and not on the disk.
- Magura Anti-Heat: The overall system of MT calipers is designed to heat rapidly released into the environment, and performance degradation is avoided.
- Magura RHR: Factory are the new Magura brakes, MT8, MT6, MT4, equipped with a rotatable cable outlet on the spoke side to prevent damage and to allow for a clean cable routing at different frame designs.
- Magura Royal Blood: As a medium Magura continues to rely on high performance mineral oil. Physiologically, it is completely safe for skin contact and since it is not as DOT over time attracts water, the vent intervals are much longer. For a very good function in 6-12 month intervals venting is necessary, depending on frequency of use.
- scope of delivery: brakeset without disc brake rotor and without adaptors, filled & bleeded. For compatible disc brake rotors and/or adaptors please refer to the tabulator Accessoires.
|Brake system||Hydraulic disc brake, open system with integrated reservoir and 4-piston caliper, fixed mounted|
|Materials||brake lever unit: Carbotecture®/plastic
Caliper: aluminum forged
|Brake line||1000mm long brake hose on the front made of polyamide (can be shortened)
2500mm long brake hose at the rear made of polyamide (can be shortened)
|Braking medium||Magura Royal Blood mineral oil|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 years against leaks|
|Reach Adjust||yes using a tool|
|Adjustable bite post point||no|
|Additional Information||Manual disc brake|
English reviews written for MAGURA MT5 next disc brake
2 customer reviews in other languages
5,0 out of 5 stars
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 2 reviews available in other languages.
- No reviews available