SHIMANO rear hub 'Deore', M618-series with Centerlock disc brake mount for X12 thru axle
Up to date technology for a great biking pleasure
- inexpensive & solid
- proven for years
- wide range of applications
- cone bearings
Product information & technical details
|axle end diameter:||12mm|
|Disc brake rotor mount:||Centerlock|
|Roller bearing type:||angular contact bearing|
|Axle type:||thru axle|
- High quality sealings and the labyrinth arrangement increase the resistance against weather conditions
- Low maintenance sealed cone bearings are high precisely made and provide extra smooth running and long durability. Cone bearings are angular contact ball bearings, which can easily take up axial as well as radial forces. At the same time they run very smoothly, are easy to maintain and to adjust
- Internal grease coat increases the service intervals
- The freewheel body has concerning of the total size an 18-fold screening with 36 contact points and thus it appeals again with each 10° pedal rotation, which is in the MTB-sport especially favourable because the traction is quicker
|Centerlock||This disc brake mounting system by Shimano® allows particular simple and fast mounting of the brake disc on the hub. As a result, service costs can be reduced. The multi-tooth profile transmits the resulting braking forces more equally on the hub|
|E-Thru Axle||The tool-free thru-axle system optimizes the strength and load distribution. In addition, the torsion stability is increased to about 15% at 15mm thru axles on the front wheel compared to quick release skewers hubs. The stability thanks to the bigger axle diameter is increased also on the rear wheel.
The axle hub system E-thru Shimano minimizes the distortion, which is especially important on the front wheel together with suspension forks and disc brakes and offers a noticeable stability advantage.
At trekking hubs, a reduced form of the quick-release axle with 8mm diameter on the front wheel is used, because the forces in terms of trekking are also lower.